- At Least 16 Years Old
- Must Be a Legal US Citizen
instructions to apply
- Follow this link to the Allen ISD job application website where you will create an account.
- Once you have created your account and can view your personal home page, click on "Add New Application" at the bottom of the Online Applications section.
- Choose Paraprofessional / Classified as your job type.
- Follow the instructions on the site and fill out all of the required information. You can navigate by selecting next below the section you have just completed or you can jump between sections by selecting them from the left side check list.
- Under the Employment Preferences tab you will be required to input up to three job positions to be considered for. Please select technician at least once.
- Under the References tab you must input at least three professional references.
- For other application instructions and tip please follow this link to the official Allen ISD website.
- Once you submit your application, email PAC@allenisd.org to let us know that your application is complete. Please ensure that you contact us with an email you regularly check, because it will be used for important purposes later on in the hiring process.
- In the following weeks you will receive an e-mail from Allen ISD's Human Resources department with other required documents or procedures you will need to follow.
- The Human Resources department will require proof of citizenship, here is a list of approved forms.
- HR will email you a link to three online forms to complete, it will take less than 10 minutes.
after you've been officially hired...
- First and foremost, welcome to our team! We are excited to have you work with us. Please follow / like our social media accounts to stay updated with upcoming events you may potentially staff. All links are at the bottom of this page.
- A Planning Center account will be created for you in order to receive information about event schedules, work calls, and more. You will be invited through email to create an account with our organization.
- In your profile on the account you will fill out your name, birthdate, email, cell phone number, and add a headshot or photo of yourself for identification purposes.
- If you would like to receive text notifications please input your cell phone provider.
- If possible please also begin to insert any conflicts you have during work hours so that we do not schedule you to work when you are unavailable. In Planning Center this is referred to as blockout dates.
- Once your account has been created we will begin to schedule you to work certain events or work calls. You will be able to choose to accept or decline each of these schedule requests.
student worker faq
For which event do I qualify for paid employment?
Rental company events are always paid. We are not able to pay you for most Allen ISD events unless otherwise noted, but the experience you gain from these events will be factored into our scheduling for rental paid events.
What should I wear to work?
During Events - All black clothing, this includes closed-toe shoes. No logos other than the Allen PAC's may be on your clothing. Please also follow Allen ISD's employee dress code.
Work / Labor Calls- Comfortable, school appropriate clothing you can move in and closed-toe shoes.
Where do we meet?
This is individualized for each event and will be specified in the information email sent out prior.
What time should I arrive?
Arrive 5-10 minutes early in order to properly prepare yourself to work so that you will be ready at the designated call time to begin.
How do I know about upcoming events?
The Allen PAC calendar lists all upcoming events through the school year. Details about each event will be provided closer to the event in Planning Center. If you are interested in working an event not yet available in Planning Center, you can contact us through email to communicate your interest.
What type of positions are available?
Various positions and job types are available such as box office assistance, light board programming / operation, video directing / camera operation, stage management, audio operation, and many more. For some events specialty positions will be created to match the needs of the client. If you are interested in a specific position please let us know!